We are a principled and ethical company who want to be good neighbours
We are committed to:
- Our People (safety, training, culture, good salaries and benefits for our workers)
- Our Community (strong sustainable economic benefits and community development) and,
- The Environment (meeting and exceeding standards).
At 365体育滚球, we are committed to the safety of our employees and contractors. We value what we are building, and the people who are working alongside us to that end.
To achieve a Zero-Harm workplace, 365体育滚球:
- Makes Health and Safety a part of all business decisions – taking precedence over the achievement of project objectives – and is essential to our future success.
- Takes every reasonable measure to provide a safe and healthy work environment for all of our people, including employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Ensures that our personnel are trained and competent to carry out their duties.
- Complies with or exceeds all applicable health and safety legislative and industry requirements.
- Audits and reviews our health and safety performance to ensure that we learn from relevant experience, and then apply what we learn on an active, iterative basis.
Community is at the heart of the 365体育滚球 ethos.
We are partnered with local communities to solve regional challenges, including underemployment. And we have established a working group with the municipal and provincial governments and leading consultants to solve multiple local issues.
We maintain consultation and engagement with our local communities through Community Consultation Forums, and we maintain and encourage dialogue with residents and local business owners.
It is important to us that we provide opportunities for employees to gain important, transferable skills that will benefit the people and the region for the longer term.
Our team shares a deep commitment to sustainable development and environmental stewardship.
365体育滚球 is working with our local communities, including Wabauskang First Nation and Lac Seul First Nation, and meeting the challenges of operating a new gold mine in the footprint of a historical gold mine built in the 1930s.
Our comprehensive mine operations and closure plan is designed not only to meet – and exceed – modern environmental and engineering standards, but to actively improve the legacy site. This plan includes the introduction of detoxification, water treatment, and material harvesting – as well as progressive closure and reclamation of the natural environment.
Since this is an underground mine, less than five percent of our 47 km2 of land will have surface disturbances; these sites will be remediated and returned to a natural environment.
We also continue to transition to electrically powered (vs. diesel- or gasoline-powered) equipment and, eventually, vehicles underground, in order to protect air quality for the benefit of our people and the environment.
At the end of mine life, all surface disturbances will be reclaimed, including impacts from past mining operations left behind by predecessor companies.